DEADLIFTS WITH ACCOMMODATING RESISTANCE
1) Deadlift against a band: Heavy 1. Rest 2-3:00.
- 8-10 sets building in weight
- Shoot for 80% of current 1RM (no band)
- Drape band over the bar
- 400+# DL use heaviest band
- 300+# DL use next heaviest band
- Less 300# DL use lighter band than 300+#
- Beginners use No Band & perform a 5 x 5, adding weight if form permits. Reset on each rep. Rest 2:00
2) (Squat) Cleans + Burpees: Take 5 Minutes and prepare for MetCon. Rest as needed.
AMRAP 8 of ascending reps:
2 Burpee Box Jumps (Rx= 24/20, S = Lower Box, Burpees No Box Jump)
2 Squat Cleans (Rx = 135/95, S = 115/75, 95/65, 75/55)
4 Burpee Box Jumps
4 Squat Cleans
6 Burpee Box Jumps
6 Squat Cleans
And so on adding 2 reps each round. Score = total reps completed.
4 RFT (includes rest):
6 Russian KBS
6 Goblet Squats
- Rest 1:00 -
C) Extra Credit:
1) Deadlift hold against a band for 60s @ 50% of 1RM.
*Grip-tester. This is 50% of your current 1RM, not what we did today.
2a) Deadbug + Reverse Crunch (3 x 10). Rest 30s.
2b) Banded Good Mornings x 50 Reps.
Posted on Sun, April 1, 2018
by Sean Sweeney